USA Trumps the 2017 Awards!? - The World's Best Travel Experiences Announced
The prestigious annual International Traveller Readers' Choice Awards were announced last night at Cuban-esque Hacienda Sydney, located in the Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour. Attendees included 120 high profile industry guests.
Nominated by more than 4000 well-travelled Australians, there are 19 categories of Awards that acknowledge and celebrate the best international travel experiences of 2017.
The USA was a stand-out winner this year, taking out the awards for BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD and BEST FAMILY HOLIDAY plus New York wins for FAVOURITE CITY IN THE WORLD, Route 66 the BEST ROAD TRIP but there were 19 awards in total – see all the finalists and winners here.
International Traveller editorial director Leigh Ann Pow says, International Traveller editorial director Leigh Ann Pow says, "It is always great to get some insight into where our readers are travelling to and what they like to see and do when they get there. This year's results take in everything from the best luxury resort to the best country in the world for travel. There were a few surprises in there, and definitely some old favourites that our readers return to over and over again, but overall the results really do confirm how passionate Australians are about seeing the world and expanding their horizons.”
The winners and finalists of this survey, the largest poll of Australian travellers this year, is published in the May/April issue of the magazine. The results are in…
WINNERS OF THE 2017 READER'S PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS
- Best Country in the World – USA
- Favourite City in the World – New York
- Best Beach Escape – Fiji
- Best Beach Hotel/Resort – Hilton
- Best Food & Wine Destination – Italy
- Best Skiing Holiday – Japan
- Best Eco Holiday – New Zealand
- Favourite Luxury Hotel Brand – Hilton
- Best Train Journey – Canadian Rockies
- Favourite Stop-over – Singapore
- Favourite Airport – Changi
- Best Cruise Line – P&O
- Best Cruise Destination – Pacific Islands
- Best Off the Beaten Track Adventure – New Zealand
- Best Road Trip – Route 66
- Best Family Holiday – USA
- Best Walking Holiday – New Zealand
- Best Airline – Qantas
- Best Affordable Stay – Airbnb
Our friends who supported the event were Tyrrell's Wines and Lord Nelson Brewery. The lucky door prize was supplied by Adina Watches'.
Guest gift bags were valued at nearly $200 and included Lumira perfume oil, Lindt chocolate, Barry's Classic Loose Lea Tea, Fiji Water, Appelles Vitamin B5 Skin Lotion, a Corban & Blair Journal and a set of House of Marley Uplift headphones.
DIGITAL EDITIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE: International Traveller is ready to download onto your favourite device. See more details on our website.